The Shed needs your help. Beginning Saturday, September 21st and running to Saturday, September 28th, the Shed is having a Work Party and we need your help. The Operations committee has outlined an ambitious schedule of tasks that they want to get done in a short amount of time. The only way to get this done is with everyone’s help. Let us know when you can be available. If you want to work on something outside of the hours we have listed let us know and we’ll see if we can set it up.
The Shed Operations Committee was recently tasked with making room for parking spaces as a priority. The upcoming work party is mostly about implementing the floor plan, updated. Progress was gained by the previous work party. Valuable real estate was recovered when donations/sales moved into new shelving, and when the standing lumber went into the corner box. More progress toward parking spaces is anticipated with the upcoming work party. Michael pointed out parking is a priority, and we cannot count on help from the State. Parking progress allows addressing Shop needs next, as seen in the accompanying sample of work party tasks.
The Mens Shed will be open for an eight day work party next week. The Shed will be open Saturday 9/21 through Saturday 9/28, 9AM-3PM, or later if you wish, (includes two Saturdays). Any time you can spare, on any day, will help improve The Shed.
Here is a sample of what is planned. Sequencing of tasks will be dialed in later.
- Clear a path for forklift, and move the wooden shelving out of the workshop.
- Change the set up of some shop machines for safer execution. (operators are colliding)
- Position work tables after modifying machinery set up.
- Complete the overhead structure for distributing electricity and vacuum to tables and machines.
- Install electric and vacuum supply, to where it needs to go.
- Move palletized stuff outside, daily if needed, for elbow room.
- Finish assembling shelving on south wall.
- Put palletized logs up on shelves.
- Put ShopSmith, remaining donations/sales, etc up on shelves.
- General clean up.
- Decide what can be kept/donated/sold/discarded.
- Dismantle the (green steel) platform on south wall.
- Assemble the 4x9x12′ tall steel shelves. Put them on south wall.
- Put the rolling toolbox in shop area, with tools for the machines etc.
- Re-organize the tool room.
- Organize, install items at each workbench, ie brush/dustpan etc.
- Install the kitchen sink with countertop (now upstairs) on south side of entrance.
- Move all cleaning gear to south side of entrance.
- Paint walls for shelves/craft sales area. Hang plastic sheeting against dust.
- Make sales area a welcoming reception area.
- Plan space for metal work needs, near the side door.
- ….Plus more….
This scheme is brought to you by your friendly Operations Committee.
Suggestions? Please email Charlie McLaughlin chrlymc@yahoo,com.
Contact Charlie McLaughlin at email@example.com, with any questions or details about your availability. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and one of us will get back to you.
The party starts this Saturday, September 21st with our monthly sizzle. See you there!